Study Support provides a variety of assistance to students including tutoring and helping with monitoring academic progress. Placement in this program is based on assessment of student needs by the Study Support Department. All students who are enrolled must have current Psycho-Educational testing on file. Students in study support meet one period per day.
Any student who has pscyho-educational testing on file has access to the SSD page on Haiku under the "Extras" tab. Since not every student is in contact with the Study Support teachers on a daily basis, important information and answers to most questions can be found on this site.
Please contact Ms. Dena Peck and Mr. Todd Stewart at email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org you or your student:
1) Has Psycho-Educational testing and needs accommodations.
2) Thinks Psycho-Educational testing is needed.
3) Is struggling and would like assistance.
4) Need to have teachers fill out teacher forms for testing. Please do not give them to the individual teachers.
5) Would like to request accommodations on standardized tests administered by ACT or College Board (PSAT, SAT, AP testing). Be aware that ACT and College Board are two separate companies and have different procedures and deadlines for their requests. In order to submit a request, the student or parent will need to fill out the appropriate Google Form (found on the SSD page of Haiku). No requests will make without a completed Google Form and a parental consent form on file. Below are important dates you will need to know.
CB Test Date
(PSAT, SAT, AP exams)
Request With Documentation “Receive by” Date
SPX Submission Deadline for CB (W/Documentation)
August 25, 2018
October 6, 2018
(PSAT) October 10
November 3, 2018
December 1, 2018
March 9, 2019
May 4, 2019
(AP) May 7-11, 14-18
June 1, 2019
ACT Test Date
ACT Submission Deadline
Deadline for ACT
September 8, 2018
October 27, 2018
December 8, 2018
February 9, 2019
April 13, 2019
June 8, 2019
July 13, 2019
SPX keeps testing for one year after the student has graduated or has left the school. After that year, if the student or parents have not picked up the testing, it will be shredded.
Anyone who needs a letter or documentation from SPX for college or another school, must request that information by the last school day in April. Please contact Ms. Peck (email@example.com) and state exactly what the college is requesting along with an address, email, or fax number. The end of the school year is very stressful for everyone. Please contact the support program at your college once you are accepted to determine if you need any documentation from SPX and request it early. All requests must be made during the school year. No requests will be done during the summer.