- ← Back to Academics
Future Flyer Pitch - University of Dayton - Scholarship competition for future entrepreneurs. For more information, please visit www.udayton.edu/future-flyer-pitch
Colleges That Change Lives Scholarship. $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students who matriculate at a CTCL-member college or university. The application may be found on their website: www.ctcl.org
Georgia Tech Scholarship Offering for DeKalb Residents. Applications can be accessed at www.gtalumni.org/scholarships
Sun Trust Scholarship Sweepstakes. Enter now at: suntrusteducation.com/scholarshipsweepstakes for a chance to win a $500 scholarship.
Engineering Career Conference at Georgia Tech. This day-long event is for junior and senior girls and will take place in October 2018. Registration will open in August 2018. Please go here for more information.
Out of Town College-Related Events
Leadership/Intern Programs/Employment Opportunities
IHM parent is looking for a rising junior or senior that could help out after school next school year. The student would need to be a licensed driver, able to carry a passenger, and have their own dependable car. If interested, please email Mr. Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Walker at email@example.com.
GPA, Old Navy and Banana Republic Internships. This Way Ahead is a paid internship program. Goodwill of North Georgia provides job readiness training. Qualified applicants will be selected to apply for internships. If interested, please contact Leslie Wood at 678-891-2121.
M.A.R.C (Model Atlanta Regional Commission) is a free program for 10th and 11th graders who are interested in taking action to promote change in metro Atlanta. For more information and to complete an application, click here.
Top Pitfalls of Freshman Year
- Not taking 9th grade academics seriously/believing freshman year doesn't really count and you can make up for it later - GPA foundation
- Not getting involved in something/no extracurricular activities
- Not taking risk to forge relationships with classmates/waiting for others to approach you
- Not forging relationships with important adults in your life
- Not thinking about the future (more than tomorrow or next week!)
- Getting behind in assignments--homework or makeup work from absences multiply quickly!
- Not asking for help (classmates, Lion Leaders, teachers, counselors, administrators)
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Limiting yourself to one group or clique